Not so long ago, the components of your security system were limited to where a wire could be connected. Forget putting a video camera on a table or controlling your components with a mobile device. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless systems. You now have an array of added perks to experience -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Greenville will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
Arguably the most important facet of wireless home security can be expressed through two words - internet connection. If you have access to high-performance internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, explore options that have battery and cellular backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
In the event you reside in a more rural area without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired configuration will likely be a wiser option. Or It could also be to your advantage from a monetary perspective to go a wired approach if you live in a residence that already has wiring in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Greenville will boost your property’s protection, which is the primary objective to start with. But, if you like the possibility of having the latest technology, review these benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to all the devices in your home from your locks to your surveillance cameras directly from your mobile device utilizing the ADT Control app. You are able to view camera footage, switch on your connected lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you forgot to do so. If a security event takes place, you may have alerts dispatched right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, crumbling drywall, and long system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you are able to put them practically in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you would like to add on later with other equipment, bringing elements into your system is not complicated.
- Communications between devices: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a possibility with quick, two-way communications. Program your system to take action in certain circumstances to increase your protection and deter intrusions. For example, if your exterior surveillance detects unusual activity along your home’s perimeter, it is able to automatically prompt your inside lights to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Greenville
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Greenville are known to be dependable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. Here are a handful of the most frequent sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless devices could fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically should be arranged within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to increase your flexibility.
- Similar to any computer network, the fear of getting hacked exists. But you are able to do things to prevent this by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only install security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to reap the benefits of Greenville wireless home security? Contact us at (864) 362-5081 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your residence.