How Will Geofencing In Greenville Work With A Security System?
Modern smart security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform simple security tasks like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these chores in the future? With geofencing in Greenville, you can just leave the driveway and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Greenville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to interact with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries on all sides of your property and assign particular actions as you go past the prearranged border line.
For example, when you exit your premises, you may set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Greenville. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of home automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in harmony together. Have your lighting switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Greenville
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (864) 362-5081 or complete the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.