What features do you need in a baby monitor in Greenville?
In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a microphone-type device in close proximity to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For instance, some monitors now offer HD video and two-direction communications. You can also hook your monitors to your wireless network so you can wander all over the house. The top baby monitors in Greenville are so sophisticated that they mimic interior surveillance systems in both features and price.
Would you swap out a baby monitor for an integrated surveillance system?
Due to the fact that baby monitors and surveillance systems share similar capabilities, there are quite a few parents in Greenville linking their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. This approach is beneficial -- especially if you’re upgrading to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● Clear video with night vision: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-way talk: Now you don’t need to go inside the bedroom to quiet your newborn back to sleep. Your calming voice might be the only requirement to keep your little one asleep.
● Motion activation: Even though you can have your camera function around the clock to keep a close eye on your child, your own alertness might start to lag. Conversely, if your video surveillance notices unexpected movements, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your smartphone. You will appreciate this if your child soundlessly scales over the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the nursery.
● Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors aren’t able to save portions of video. You can now deliver a brief sample to grandparents to show them what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to carrying an external monitor wherever you go, you can supervise your little one from a simple smartphone app. You could even check in on your young one and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.